Sunday, June 7, 2009

The real reason for our trip....

My dear friend Jay got married yesterday to the love of his life, Amy. I seriously have never met two people more suited for each other. I met Jay in 9th grade so we go way back. This is the look on his face the first time he saw her.

Both Jay and Amy are really into music, she walked down the aisle to a John Lennon song as opposed to the regular "Here Comes the Bride." Their wedding programs are actually a DVD case with a CD of "their" songs and explanations of why they are their songs. On the cover is a rendering Amy did of the day they met. She worked in a Hallmark store and Jay was shopping for greeting cards. They hit it off, Jay had to go and walk the mall a couple of times to get the nerve to go back and ask for her phone number.
Mr. and Mrs. Konstantaras!
So, yes, Konstantaras is a Greek name. Jay's dad is from Greece, he lived in the states but moved back a few years ago when he retired. Jay insisted that he lead a Greek dance. You've seen it in My Big Fat Greek Wedding. It's a lot harder than it looks!
The four of us....

The bride and groom wore wedding Converse sneakers. All of the groomsmen also wore Converse with their suits. It was really cool, it is such a Jay thing to do!
The bride and groom dancing.... They were nice in their cake feeding, they just did an icing smear on each other's noses then did some eskimo kissing. It was too cute!

I actually made a speech at the reception. Since I have known Jay forever and we have been such good friends all of these years, I wanted to say something. My husband did not take a picture. I am so happy for these two. Jay never believed anyone when we told him that there was someone special out there for him. He agrees that she was totally worth waiting for!

We're home now, I didn't want to come back!

No comments: