Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weekend on Whidbey Island

We spent the weekend on Whidbey Island. Both Jason and I had never been there before. I had a sorority meeting and one of the gals in my group has a house in Lagoon Point. Another of the gals' in-laws have a place over there too which is next to Smuggler's Cove Bed and Breakfast. We got there late on Friday after taking the ferry over after work. We woke to our stunning view on Saturday morning. We had amazing weather all weekend.
I went to lunch with the girls over in Greenbank and got this great shot of Mt. Baker.
We went shopping in Langley then headed to Reggie's for a BBQ. She served up lots of beer margaritas. I thought it sounded awful too but they are not. I drank many of them, they were quite tasty!
The sunset at Lagoon Point last night....
We drove around today to see the bridge. I was not too thrilled to walk across it to get better pictures as heights really get to me.

A nice lady with her baby took a picture of us. We had a great time but are glad to be home with the dogs!

1 comment:

Oergel said...

Nice pictures - looks like a perfect weekend for the island.