Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Goodbye Dr. Warde

I'm very sad to report that Dr. Charlie Warde, seriously one of my most favorite people in the world, passed away very early this morning from complications of pneumonia. He had a stroke back on September 11th and was showing great improvement. I was shocked to learn this morning that he was gone. I was already leaving for High Point tomorrow morning for alumni weekend so I am hopeful that I will get to attend his funeral.

Dr. Warde (he always wanted me to call him Charlie but I never have been able to flip the switch to it) was an amazing man. He always had the ability to pull me out of whatever funk I was in for whatever reason and make me believe that I was the most brilliant, amazing person who ever walked the earth. I roped him into being my sorority's on campus advisor. All of us loved his irish accent and his fun spirit. I cannot believe that he's left us.

Taken at my sorority's 50th anniversary celebration
Snapped at my friend Rosie's wedding rehearsal, he did a reading during her ceremony


4 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm sorry to read this.

Tracie said...

I'm sorry for your loss Megan. He sounds like an amazing man.

Peter Murtagh said...

Hi Megan. I would like to publish an obituary of Dr Warde and wonder if you would email me your two photos of him? My email address is pmurtagh@irishtimes.com. I hope you can help. best wishes -- Peter Murtagh, managing editor, The Irish Times, Dublin, Ireland

Caitlin (Kotchleen) said...

Thank you so much for your post. My father's students were so very important to him! It was nice to find a photo of him that I didn't have.
All my best,
Caitlin Warde