Monday, July 27, 2009

Pickled

We made some pickles on Sunday. My morning started at Mosby Farms in Auburn. This is Al, one of the dogs who hangs out around there.
I started packing....
Troy agreed to help us, he washed all the cucumber. It was awesome to have a third person.
Jason even helped a little this year.....
We took the dogs to cool off in the river.
We took Troy out on the property. We went to parts of the hill that I had never even been to, Jason rode in the back of the Gator.
I drove the Gator until we got to what Troy and I called Suicide Hill.....
We came across more than one down tree. Jason learned that he needs to give me explicit instructions after he told me to push through it and he got whacked in the back by part of the tree. This was another down tree that they moved.
Troy got in the back for Jason to drive down Suicide Hill.
We went to check out the cows, you could see Mt. Rainier off in the distance. Betsy and our calf, check out that huge hay belly.
We got lots done, we made 64 quarts of pickles. This was round one, we're going to do 50 more pounds of cucumbers this Sunday. We're going to pickle some asparagus too, Troy wanted to try it.

If you have any jars, get them back to us! :)