Sunday, March 29, 2009

Congratulations Brandon and Loreen!

Our whole reason for our trip to Florida was to attend my friend since junior high, Brandon's wedding to Loreen. I have actually known Brandon for 20 years. He and I were pretty much best friends throughout high school. He could always have his pick of the ladies (which he would modestly deny to this day) but was never down with the drama of high school girls. My best girlfriend from jr. high and high school used to joke that the girl that won him over deserved a trophy but we didn't think that anyone would ever get the trophy. I thought about giving one to Loreen as a joke but I wasn't sure if she would think it was funny and didn't want to accidentally offend her. In any event, Brandon's sister actually lives out this way in Mukilteo and Brandon comes out to visit periodically so I usually see him once or twice a year. When he told me that he had a girlfriend with him on one of his visits, I was stunned in a good way. When I met Loreen, I was happy to discover that he may have found the one. Brandon proposed last June while they were in Ireland together.

These 3 guys were inseparable all throughout jr. high and high school. From left to right, Chuck, Brandon and Jake. They were in a cover band named the Derelicks together. I still have their cassette which Brandon saved a copy of for me since I was away at college during their sales drive. I seriously have not seen Jake for probably 13 years and he looks exactly the same as the last time I saw him.
Since we looked halfway presentable, I actually got a nice picture of us together. Notice the big orange bus in the background....

This was the getaway car for the entire wedding party. I had no idea about this but Brandon owns this with 7 other guys. They bought an old school bus and did it up Gator-style. All of the seats have been ripped out and replaced with couches and bunk beds. They take this up to a UF game and can crash in it after a game. Really clever idea if you ask me. It just totally cracked me up that such a vehicle exists. I'm not hatin but no rivalry on the West Coast can come close to how crazy people are about all SEC college teams.

I got a chance to steal part of a dance with the groom during the money dance. He's honestly one of the greatest guys you could ever hope to know. I am so honored that I was able to be at his wedding to such an amazing girl. Congrats to you both, I wish you a lifetime of nothing but happiness!

No comments: