Sunday, August 3, 2008

Planes, Trains and Automobiles Part 1

A 5 state adventure! It was actually 6 if you count Washington DC, but I was told by all of my friends, "it's a district!" Okay, whatever. I managed to visit Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania and New Jersey all in a period of about a week.

I started out in Virginia by crashing at my sorority sister Rachel's condo after taking the redeye from Seattle to Baltimore, MD. I caught the Amtrak train to DC to get to Rachel's. Even in my sleep deprived stupor, I stopped to take pictures of Penn Station in DC, it was beautiful. After sleeping all day, Rachel took me out to a new place for happy hour to meet up with other people from college. I got to see my sorority little sister Stacy and meet her fiance Jorge. I also got to see Amie Jo, another sorority sister, and my friend Vicki. It was so super fun to see them. I made a cop take pictures of Vicki and I by the cannons across the street from the bar. Can you say dereliction of duty? :)







1 comment:

There once was a girl from South Jersey said...

I must say the drive by pictures of the memorials turned out quite nice. Now why did you not photoshop out my double chin. Come on you techi guru you can do it. Hope you survived the fast and furious trip. Maybe I'll come your way in the fall, we shall see what aunt cash flow has to say about it.

Rachel